Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
• 3 big free-range eggs
• 1 cup coconut flour (http://goo.gl/V05ZuI)
• 1 cup almond meal (http://goo.gl/USGD0t)
• 3 big ripe bananas
• 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (70g)
• 1/2 cup dates, chopped
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (https://goo.gl/XRtZzQ)
• 3 tbsp maple syrup (http://goo.gl/M0RCLj)
• 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (http://goo.gl/713chb)
• 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Split one of the bananas in half horizontally and lay both slices, cut-side down, on the base of the loaf pan. Scatter one handful of chopped walnuts into the gaps.
3. Mash 2 bananas in a bowl. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and chopped dates. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl beat eggs and melted coconut oil until combined.
5. Mix together almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
6. Fold egg mixture into banana mixture, then fold in the flour mixture. Add remaining walnuts and mix well.
7. Spread batter over the banana and nuts in the baking tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
8. Allow to cool. To serve, dust with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
* More superfood recipes *
If you enjoyed this video you might enjoy my book, Beach House Recipes (superfoods for seaside living).
iBook store: https://itunes.apple.com/book/beach-h…
Music thanks to Ben Sound: http://www.bensound.com